Cosmetic is a very lucrative segment, and various players are investing looking at the growth rate in the market. For import and sale of cosmetic products in India requires registration with the licensing authority as per Rule 21 of Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945.The very first question that comes up about the type of license you need for your cosmetic business because the license purely depends upon the nature of your business. There are two kinds of cosmetic license in India-One for manufacturer and another for importers.
Are you ready to sell your cosmetic products in India, but you feel overwhelmed about the complexity of documentation of cosmetic registration in India?
Keep on reading, in this article we will tell you about the list of documents for fresh cosmetic registration in India.
List of documents required for Cosmetic Product registration in India
- The details of the manufacturer and manufacturing premises – Name and address of the manufacturer and manufacturing facilities along with contact numbers and email addresses; name, address and contact details of the of the applicant; and a short profile of the manufacturer’s business in the domestic as well as global market.
- Proof of payment of the registration fee.
- Particulars of the cosmetics – Brand names of the cosmetics along with their category, variants and pack sizes to be imported for sale in India; particulars of the manufacturing licenses/registration/marketing authorization; list of countries where a grant of import permission of the cosmetic product has been given.
- Product Information – The names of the ingredients, testing method of the product, specification specimen of the label, and if any package inserts of the cosmetic product.
Key Documents for Cosmetic Registration
- Covering letter
- Form 42 online form
- Treasury Challan
- Power of Attorney by the manufacturer
- Schedule D (III)
- Label of the product.
- Free Sale Certificate (FSC) for all variants need to be submitted.
- Manufacturing license
- Product specification and testing protocol of the product.
- Product formula with exact percentage
- The list of countries where Market Authorization or import permission or registration was granted.
The fee for each application will be accompanied by USD 2000 for each category of cosmetic and USD 50 for each variant as per regulations.
Then, start compiling the documents we will need to be able to work and contact us to have an idea of the budget you will need to register your cosmetic products in India. We take care of the whole registration of your products, from A to Z. Our Safety Assessors will take care of the cosmetic license or form 43 for import of cosmetics and we can become your Responsible Person in India. For any information regarding cosmetic registration and Cosmetic import license in India, you can Download our Cosmoally App or visit our website www.cliniexperts.com.
- Guidelines on Registration of Import of Cosmetics.pdf. Available at: https://cdsco.gov.in/opencms/export/sites/CDSCO_WEB/Pdf-documents/cosmetics/Guidelines_on_Registration_of_Import_of_Cosmetics.pdf.Accessed on: 20.06.2020.